FAQ: What kinds of problem will I face with my SAP PI/PO to Cloud Integration migration with your tool
We are still improving the Figaf Tool to make SAP PI/PO to Integration Suite/CPI better. We often get asked what is not supported.
Many of the problems comes from the fact that it is two different environments that we try to convert artifacts between. We try our best to make sure data is aligned.
The tool does improve the development process and allow you to save a lot of time on the migrations process.
We have some known limitations like the list below. But there will most likely be a number of problems we don't know about yet and you will experience in your process. Please share if you find something.
Improvements we may be able to deliver in the future but currently not support
- Our Async interfaces is currently build without retry. We are considering to add a retry option to make it easier
- Logging options based on the user requests to make sure your data is saved consistently
- B2B support where the tool will add the modules to support a proper EDI conversion and create proper XML documents. We hope it will be possible to find the 2-3 steps to add to such a process to support most use cases.
- Adapter modules and File content conversion it may be possible to support some common used modules with the help of you
- ESR repository
- Sharing of message mappings and scripts. Currently message mappings and scripts is placed in each iflow. But it will be possible to add to individual areas
What will not be possible
- In UDFs use of container objects and DynamicAttributes is not possbile to convert. You will need to change the code manually.
- Convert from Adapters to some adapter not delivered on Cloud Integration
- Migrate full SAP PI/PO system to Cloud Integration with click of a button. Sure we could probably do it but you would anyway have some manual steps for each integration to go thru after wards
- Dispatcher of IDOC/RFC/Proxies. You probably want to implement your own dispatcher logic to handle the configuration
- RFC Sender Cloud Integration does not support this
Custom migration of SAP PI Communication Channels to Cloud Integration
We have templates that allows you to make migrations SAP PI/PO channels to SAP Cloud Integration Faster. In 2309 this has been moved into the main Figaf Tool and gotten a viewer that will allow you to update the templates faster. On the migration ...
Create Service Keys for SAP CPI Cloud Foundry
For SAP CPI Cloud Foundry you have an option to use Service Keys to send messages. The Figaf Tool will not test the properties are correct before running tests. We need to create keys for both API and for Integration flow API access To create a ...
How to add MessagingSend Role to a Cloud Foundry user
If you are using SAP Cloud Integration on Cloud Foundry then you probably have noticed you cannot add the default ESBMessage Send (MessagingSend) role to your user. You will need to create a role collection to support this. In your BTP cockpit go to ...
Connect to SAP Integration Suite /Cloud Foundry
To connecto SAP Cloud Foundry we have enabled a new way of connecting using SAML. This is because the public APIs of SAP Cloud Integration is not as good as the private APIs used in the Web. You can read more about the a setup and security behind it ...
Setting global ICO logging/staging configuration for PI agents in the Figaf tool
For the Figaf tool, it's important to know relevant logging and staging configuration used on the PI system. This configuration helps to perform better analysis of the Integration scenarios and gives more automation for testing. In other words, these ...