Deploy to SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry
This article describes how to deploy the Figaf tool to CPI BTP, Cloud Foundry.
- Install "cf" command on your computer https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cli/wiki/V7-CLI-Installation-Guide#installers-and-compressed-binaries.
Log in to your SAP BTP account (API Endpoint value can be found on your subaccount overview page):
Download and unpack the archive (btp_users.zip at the button of the page). Then go to the working directory.
Create PostgreSQL database in BTP and wait until it's ready. It's possible to use SAP BTP UI instead of CLI command for the same operation. You can use default options.
cf create-service postgresql-db trial figaf-db -c db.json
- Open vars.yml and fill in the needed values. You can find the latest docker image here. Don't use the Release candidates unless specified by our support team.
- Create XSUAA service. It's possible to use SAP BTP UI instead of CLI command for the same operation.
cf create-service xsuaa application figaf-xsuaa -c xs-security.json
- Go to Security -> Users and select/create your user. Assign Figaf role(s) to the user. For simplicity you can assign just the IRTAdmin role for the first user:
- The database creation can take some time (up to 10 minutes) so be sure to check the status of the creation of the services.
- Deploy the applications from the working directory. (If you called your services differently than figaf-db and figaf-xsuaa, update the names in manifest.yml).
cf push --vars-file vars.yml
- Go to the app router, copy URL, add "/irt/" endpoint at the end, and open it in another window.
- You will be redirected to the SAP login page (if the user is not logged in yet) where you will need to provide the username and password.
- Then you will be authenticated and redirected back to the Figaf tool.
Go to Configuration -> License and insert your license key.
Next up you can configure your agents.
How to download logs from Figaf app in SAP BTP
SAP BTP cockpit allows accessing only the last 1000 lines of logs. Sometimes it's enough for debugging but in most cases, it's not. So there is a way to download all needed logs directly from the app. First of all, you need to execute next two ...
How to use PI/PO systems in SAP BTP
PI/PO systems are usually located in a private environment so you need to use special SAP services to organize the connection. First of all, configure a cloud connector on the system which has access to PI/PO. (Configuration of the cloud connector is ...
How to add xslt templates to the tool deployed in SAP BTP
Migration from PI/PO systems to CPI systems is one of the most important features of the Figaf tool. Here you can find more details about it: https://help.figaf.com/portal/en/kb/configuration/pi-to-cpi It requires XSLT templates placed on a server. ...
Requirement before installation
We recommend the following prerequisites Registration for a trial at figaf.com/devops so you will get a license key Download the Figaf runtime jar file at irt.figaf.com/download. Have a server/laptop with 8Gb of memory. Figaf can run on a laptop but ...